Level 4 Quantity Surveying Technician Apprenticeship - London
Company: Evolve Apprentices Ltd.
Location: London, E14 2BG
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Sector: Construction, Planning and the Built Environment
Application Deadline Date: 30/11/2023
Start Date: 01/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday - Friday
We are looking for London residents who are interested in completing a Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying Technician Apprenticeship. The candidate will spend 36 months working as a Construction Quantity Surveying Apprentice as part of the CITB Shared Apprenticeship Scheme.
English GCSE C/4 or above (or equivalent)
Maths GCSE C/4 or above (or equivalent)
5 x GCSEs including English, Maths & Science
Level 2 apprenticeship
Ability to use a range of IT packages including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge and experience in Purchase Ledger/Accounting cost systems
• Construction industry experience
• Experience in cost verification
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work under own intuition and think of new ways to drive efficiencies.
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Teamwork, Patience
Training to be Provided
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Qualify as a Quantity Surveying Technician
· Hourly wage
National Minimum Wage for your Age
Statutory Sick and Holiday Pay + Bank Holiday Pay, automatic enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme, Apprenticeship Oyster Card available for first-year travel discounts, NUS Discount Card, and course costs covered by Evolve.
· Working week
Monday-Friday, some weekends. Minimum of 35 - 45 hours per week but the potential for more. Approx. 8 am-5 pm but hours will be confirmed by the contractor after successfully passing the Stage 1 & 2 Interviews.
· Expected apprenticeship duration
· Apprenticeship level
Level 4 Apprenticeship
The main responsibilities of the apprentice will be.
• Management and Supervision – review of timesheets and hours including, justification for the role.
• Labour – cost verification of claimed labour costs including, review of timesheets and SCS clocking in and out system on site.
• Plant – cost verification of claim plant on site. Checks against delivery notes and site team etc.
• Materials – cost verification of claimed materials on site. Checks are to be undertaken against delivery notes and support from the site team.
• Cost Audits – supporting commercial package lead in undertaking cost audits every 6 months.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The qualification you would be working for is the Level 4 Surveying Technician (Standard) where we will be looking to partner with colleges to provide the training.
This training could be delivered either remote or in college (based on your preference and course availability) and you are expected to travel if needed for training and assessments. Learning with paid study time up to 7 hours/1 per day per week as needed. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your learning once enrolled.
The following qualification will be gained:
A Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the industry’s recognised professional bodies meeting the educational requirements for Technician status or the equivalent level of membership.
English and Maths; apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the endpoint assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing this apprenticeship, you can work as a qualified Assistant Quantity Surveyor. With more experience, you can look to progress into a senior position and/or complete a degree-level qualification.
You will be eligible for the Supervisor (Gold) CSCS Card after completion of your apprenticeship.